Being a Border Collie mom and basically, just someone who is completely obsessed with the smartest breed in the world finding any and all ways to help Borders is my favorite thing in the world to do. There are so many amazing Border Collies rescues that are doing wonderful things and the one we are highlighting today is Border Collie Rescue and Rehab. We have worked with Border Collie Rescue and Rehab so many times with events, fundraisers and more. They are group of AMAZING people who are giving all they have to save the pups they love.
Border Collie Rescue and Rehab is a network of volunteer foster homes, which means all dogs adopted through us come from loving, caring homes straight to you. Since they don’t use a holding facility, our dogs come to their new homes calm, relaxed, and ready for a new life, rather than being nervous and traumatized from the noise and chaos of a shelter. They evaluate, rescue and rehabilitate abandoned Border Collies, as well as other herding breeds, and find homes that will love and cherish them forever.
All of our dogs have been fully vetted to include all vaccinations, heartworm test (and treatment, if necessary), spay/neuter, and a microchip with Border Collie Rescue & Rescue contact information. Upon adoption, you will be provided with physical proof of all treatments and veterinary reports, along with a rabies tag and chip information. They will never withhold any information about any animal, and are happy to disclose exactly where they got our dogs from, and when. Our dogs have been temperament tested, and reside in foster homes with families who are active and diverse – just like yours! Our dogs are crate trained and housebroken, and have received training in basic obedience using only positive reinforcement techniques such as leading, shaping, R+, and counter-conditioning.
They believe a rescued dog brings experiences with them when they are rescued and with our loving rehabilitation, they become perfect life partners. Their backgrounds may vary – from breeders to farm dogs, to strays – but all of them deserve the unconditional love that they will be glad to give their new families. They bring them into our homes and rehabilitate them by providing them with love, structure, and routine. They mend wounds and clean them up both emotionally and physically.
Make sure to check out Border Collie Rescue and Rehab and see what pups they have right now looking for homes.
We got the chance to ask their team a few questions about what they are doing and why we can do help as a dog community! See below:
Who is BCRR?
We here at Border Collie Rescue & Rehab are committed to finding a forever home for our Border Collies. Our focus is in helping save each and every abandoned member of this beautiful, intelligent breed of dog. We believe in making a new and fresh start for every dog, no matter their history, quirks, or special needs. We will do whatever we can to provide excellent and loving homes for every dog that comes into our care. Through our partners and fosters, we strive to educate and assist the community in learning how to care for and love these dogs the way they deserve.
- To prevent losing dogs to euthanasia by rescuing, rehabilitating, training and placing Border Collies in forever homes.
- To actively promote knowledgeable and responsible dog ownership through education and methods of positive training.
- To offer assistance and support to rescue groups, collaborating to successfully rescue as many Border Collies as we possibly can.
- To match the unique needs and behaviors of the breed at large, and individual dogs thereof, in appropriate homes through a rigorous screening process.
- To provide excellent emotional and physical care to Border Collies in the exact manner they need, whenever and wherever possible.
- To promote the welfare and quality of the breed through education of the unique qualities and requirements of Border Collie ownership, before and after placing dogs.
- To never place a Border Collie in an unsuitable home, and to offer lifetime support to adopters who need a helping hand with their forever companion.
- To offer assistance to people who are interested in or already own a Border Collie, in any way possible, all around the world.
What is your main struggle?
There are never enough foster homes to help us save them all! Another issue is people not understanding that at the end of the day – Border Collie’s are working dogs with herding instincts and not every home will suit a BC!
What do you need?
Volunteers for fostering, behind the scenes with phone screenings, reference checks and home visits are always welcome!
Do you have an Amazon wishlist?
Yes here is the link!
Anything you want to share with us about anything coming up in 2021?
With covid still making our meet and greets hard, BCRR is really pushing for online interaction with our followers and future adopters! We hope that 2021 will bring us new dogs to save and find loving homes for and we hope to beat our rescue record for the number of dogs saved!